Configuring Flash for authoring tutors (Flash CC)
Last updated September 04, 2015
The CTAT installation includes a set of Flash components for authoring tutors. To create student interfaces in Flash, install these components after you have installed CTAT.
Install CTAT Flash Components
- Download the ZIP file for your platform (Windows or Mac OS) and unzip it to a folder of your choice, e.g., ExManTool.
- Copy CommComponentsAS3.zxp from the "Flash" folder of your CTAT installation directory to the ExManTool directory you just created.
- In a command shell (Mac OS Terminal or Windows Command Prompt), go to the ExManTool folder and run this command:
- In Mac OS: ./Contents/MacOS/ExManCmd --install CommComponentsAS3.zxp
- In Windows: ExManCmd.exe /install CommComponentsAS3.zxp
For Flash CC, use the Adobe Extension Manager CC to install the CTAT Flash components. If you don't see the Extension Manager in your list of installed programs, install it via the Adobe Creative Cloud application manager.
- Launch Extension Manager CC from the Start menu in Windows or the Applications folder in Mac OS.
- In the Extension Manager under "Products", ensure Flash CC is selected.
- Select File > Install Extension in the Extension Manager.
- Find and select CommComponentsAS3.zxp from the "Flash" folder of your CTAT installation directory.
- Press Install.
- When prompted with the Extension Disclaimer, press Accept.
- Confirm that the components have installed successfully.
- If you already have another version of the CTAT CommComponents installed, or another extension with the same name, the Extension Manager asks if you want to disable the one thatís already installed. Select Yes to replace the previous version with the new one.
- If youíre asked if you would like to replace one or more existing files, select Yes to All to accept the newest version of the components.
Verify the components appear in the Components panel in the Flash IDE after you create or open a Flash AS3 document.
Learn more about the CTAT Flash components on Flash components reference page. If you need components other than these to build your interface in Flash, please contact us.
Install the CTAT Flash publishing profile
The Flash publishing profile included with CTAT installs recommended defaults for the Flash files you will create, and includes an HTML template for publishing a Flash tutor to your own web server. This profile needs to be installed from the Publish Settings dialog in Flash.
- After creating a new Flash ActionScript 3.0 document in Flash, select File > Publish Settings.
- From the gear menu at the top, choose Import profile.
- Choose the file ctat.xml from the default "Publish Profiles" directory. This file should appear there if you installed the CTAT Flash components as described above.
- To save this publishing profile as the default profile for new files, make sure the CTAT profile is the current profile, then click the gear icon again and choose Export profile. Save the profile by overwriting the existing default.xml file.